Biking 201: Bike Handling Brush Up, 1pm - 4pm, Sat. Sept. 18, 2021
Are you new to bicycling? Have you just learned to ride a bike? Has it been ages since you've been on a bike? Want to brush up on your bike skills before hitting the road? Biking 201: Bike Handling Brush Up is for you!
Biking 201: Bike Handling Brush Up is for people who are able to ride a 2-wheel bike. but who want guided practice to improve their skills.
Biking 201: Bike Handling Brush Up will help you improve your bike handling skills, and enable you to control your bike with confidence.
NOTE: This class is a shortened version of my Level 2 Bike Handling Boot Camp class. The goal in Biking 201 is to teach you several activities and practices that you can do on your own that will help you improve your bike handling skills. In Biking 201, I will teach you how to teach yourself to become the boss of your bike.
In Biking 201: Bike Handling Brush Up you'll learn how to:
- Power Pedal Start
- Accelerate quickly
- Maintain balance at very low speeds
- Control your speed with front and rear brakes
- Stop smoothly
- Turn accurately
- Steer around obstacles
- Shift gears
- Ride with one hand
- Scan over your shoulder
- Signal turns and lane changes
- Stop without putting a foot down
- Perform a bike safety check
- Wear a helmet correctly
Biking 201: Bike Handling Brush Up consists of one 3-hour session on Saturday Sept. 18, 2021, from 1pm - 4pm.
Biking 201: Bike Handling Brush Up meets at the Redmond at the City Hall campus. We use the parking garage and parking lots for riding.
Don't have a bike? No problem. Just let me know you need one on the registration form. I'll ask you how tall you are, so I can provide you a bike that fits you.
Bike helmets are required for this class (with exceptions for certain religious head wear). Don't have a bike helmet? No problem. You can buy a CPSC-approved bike helmet from me for just $20 extra. You can also buy one from any bike shop.
When you register, you'll also have the option to purchase one of my awesome, custom-printed high-visibility safety vests, as well as helmet-mounted EVT Safe Zone rear-view mirrors. These items are not required for participation in the class, but they'll improve your riding.
If you are interested in hearing about when I'm running my full-length classes in 2022, Sign up here so I can let you know when classes are running again.
Cost: Thanks to the generous support of Move Redmond, this class is just $10.
COVID-19 safety requirements of all participants:
- Each participant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Participants are required to wear masks over nose and mouth at all times during class.
- Participants are required to maintain a minimum distance of 6' from other participants.
- Participants will be screened on the day of the class for COVID-19 symptoms. Participants who show symptoms will not be able to participate.
- This class is subject to rapidly changing public health guidance. If this class is cancelled, you will receive a full refund. Participants who withdraw from the class 72 hours before the class for any reason will receive a full refund. Participants who withdraw within 72 hours before the class for any reason or who show COVID-19 symptoms on the day of class will not receive a refund.