Level 2: Road Ready! Bike Handling Boot Camp!
Class size is limited. If the class you want is "sold out," put yourself on the wait list for that class. As spots in the class open up, I will contact you to offer you a spot in the class.
Are you new to bicycling? Have you just learned to ride a bike? Has it been ages since you've been on a bike? Want to brush up on your bike skills before hitting the road?
Level 2: Road Ready: Bike Handling Boot Camp is for people who are able to ride a 2-wheel bike. Level 2: Road Ready: Bike Handling Boot Camp will help you improve your bike handling skills, and enable you to control your bike with confidence. You'll learn how to be the boss of your bike in a covered, empty parking lot during the first 2 sessions to prepare you to go on a ride on the bike paths of Redmond (weather permitting) in session 3. In Level 2: Road Ready: Bike Handling Boot Camp, you'll learn how to:
- Power Pedal Start
- Accelerate quickly
- Maintain balance at very low speeds
- Control your speed with front and rear brakes
- Stop smoothly
- Turn accurately
- Steer around obstacles
- Shift gears
- Ride with one hand
- Scan over your shoulder
- Signal turns and lane changes
- Make high-speed turns
- Stop without putting a foot down
- Perform a bike safety check
- Wear a helmet correctly
- Learn trail etiquette
Weather permitting, during the last session of Level 2: Road Ready: Bike Handling Boot Camp we will go on a 5-mile group bike ride on the beautiful trails of Redmond, where you'll put your new skills to practice, and see for yourself how you can use your bike for everyday needs and exercise.
Don't have a bike? No problem. You can borrow one for me for just $30. Just order and pay fora bike when you check out.
Bike helmets are required for this class (with exceptions for certain religious head wear). Don't have a bike helmet? No problem. You can buy a CPSC-approved bike helmet from me for just $20 when you check out. You can also buy one from any bike shop.
Now for the fine print....
I get it. Life happens. Sometimes your plans change. That's OK! My cancellation policy is simple:
- 100% refund if you cancel more than 14 days before the start of your class.
- 50% refund if you cancel 7-13 days before the start of your class.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before the start of your class, so do your best to make sure your schedule allows you to take all 3 sessions of the class.
- No refund if you don't show up to class.
- No refund if you miss a session of the class. There are no "make-ups" for missed sessions.
Classes will run when a minimum of 8 people sign up. If not enough people sign up for the class you're in, I will cancel the class and be very sad. :( If I have to cancel a class, I'll let you know no later than 2 days before the class was to begin. I will also give you a 100% refund on all class fees for the cancelled class.