Biking 101: Intro to Learning how to Ride a Bike, 9:30am - 12:30pm Sat. Sept. 18, 2021
If you’ve never ridden a bike, this class is for you.
In Biking 101: Intro to Learning how to Ride a Bike
you will get an introduction on how to:
- Balance on two wheels
In Biking 101: Intro to Learning how to Ride a Bike, you will learn these skills in a small-group, supportive environment where you build your skills and confidence through on-bike practice. You will develop your skills and knowledge with one-on-one attention from me, riding in a covered,empty parking lot without cars or traffic. You’ll be amazed with what you can do!
NOTE: This class is an introduction to learning how to ride a bike. The goal in this class is to teach you several activities and practices that you can do on your own that will help you learn to ride a bike. In Biking 101, I will teach you how to teach yourself to ride a bike.
Biking 101: Intro to Learning how to Ride a Bike consists of one 3-hour session, from 9:30am - 12:30pm on Saturday Sept. 18, 2021.
Biking 101: Intro to Learning how to Ride a Bike meets in Redmond at the City Hall campus. We use the parking garage for riding.
Don't have a bike? No problem. Let me know you need a bike when you fill out the registration form. I'll ask you how tall you are so I can provide you with a bike that fits you.
Bike helmets are required for this class (with exceptions for certain religious head wear). Don't have a bike helmet? No problem. You can buy a CPSC-approved bike helmet from me when you register for just $20 extra. You can also buy one from any bike shop.
When you register, you'll also have the option to purchase one of my awesome, custom-printed high-visibility safety vests, as well as helmet-mounted EVT Safe Zone rear-view mirrors. These items are not required for participation in the class, but they'll improve your riding.
If you are interested in hearing about when I'm running my full-length classes in 2022, Sign up here so I can let you know when classes are running again.
Cost: Thanks to the generous support of Move Redmond, this class is only $10.
Class already full? Sign up here to get on the waitlist for this class. If any spots open up, I'll let you know.
COVID-19 safety requirements of all participants:
- Each participant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Participants are required to wear masks over nose and mouth at all times during class.
- Participants are required to maintain a minimum distance of 6' from other participants.
- Participants will be screened on the day of the class for COVID-19 symptoms. Participants who show symptoms will not be able to participate.
- This class is subject to rapidly changing public health guidance. If this class is cancelled, you will receive a full refund. Participants who withdraw from the class 72 hours before the class for any reason will receive a full refund. Participants who withdraw within 72 hours before the class for any reason or who show symptoms on the day of class will not receive a refund.